Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rating Inflation?

Free Online Dating

I'm not so sure I agree with that rating. I do try to keep the language clean as a general policy, but certain of the topics I touch upon from time to time are not ones I'd personally consider to be appropriate for children. For example, in my post last week entitled "My $0.02 on the whole 'Bloggers Against Theocracy' Thing", I mentioned abortion, homosexuality, contraception, euthanasia, and physician-assisted suicide. If I were aiming for an all-ages audience in my blogging, I would not include references to these controversial adult issues.

If I were to label my blog, I would give it a "PG- Parental Guidance Suggested" for the occasional mature themes.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh now that's funny! I did it and got a PG rating, because the word suicide turned up 2 times (used in context of "political suicide"), and cocaine turned up 1 time (while talking about our state Treasurer getting arrested.

Sure, I'd call mine PG, but not because of those particular posts!