Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CHBM: We All Scream for Ice Cream

The folks over at Crazy Hip Blog Mamas have decided to change the name of the CHBM Carnival to the CHBM "Collaboration". I suspect it's because there is no official host like most blog carnivals have. Anyways, the theme of this week's 41st edition of the collaboration/carnival is "ice cream".

As I did a MommyCommunity "Friday Fave" about my favorite ice cream flavor a couple weeks ago, I'll relate my favorite ice cream anecdote.

When I was pregnant with my oldest, I got a major craving late one evening for ice cream. Now, I could've easily just run down to the local 24-hr convenience store for some Haagen-Dazs or Ben & Jerry's. But no, I had a craving for some homemade ice cream. Problem was, I did not own an ice cream maker. So I fired up the old computer, surfed on over to Cooking.com and bought one. I paid up the wazoo for rush shipping but I didn't care. This is what hormones will do to a woman! I got it a day-and-a-half later and was very annoyed to find out that I had to chill the bowl for 24 hours before I could use it :-(

I can distinctly remember the taste of the strawberry ice cream I made when the bowl was finally ready. I don't think ice cream has ever tasted so good to me!

That was 5 years ago now, and I've only occasionally used the ice cream maker since. It's actually been up at my parents' vacation condo since last summer. I'll have to bring it back with me when we go visit them in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

There is nothing better than homemade ice cream!

Bliss said...

wowwwwwwwwww! i've never had homemade ice cream. but my grandma was talking bout buying one of the makers. now i hope she really gets one. :-)