Friday, July 20, 2007

Interesting Looking New Book for Current or Future Career "Relaunchers"

I got an interesting email from a lady named Carol Fishman Cohen in response to my post the other day about Leslie Bennetts' The Feminine Mistake: Are Women Giving Up Too Much?

Ms. Cohen is the co-author of a recently published book called
Back on the Career Track: A Guide for Stay-At-Home Moms Who Want to Return to Work. While I'm not planning to go back full-time in the near future, it's possible that circumstances may change. We do have life and disability insurance on DH but I'd still probably need to go back at some point should God forbid he be unable to work.

Also, as my children get older, I may decide that I want to relaunch my career. Just because right now I feel it's in my family's best interests for me to be a full-time homemaker doesn't mean I'll always feel that way.

Anyways, I've requested Ms. Cohen's book through the inter-library loan program to see what suggestions it might have for things I can do during this career break that will help should I need or want to reenter the workforce in the future.

No comments: