Image from "Fond of Snape"
1. I'm a huge fan of the series but I've never actually read the book Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
2. I did not see the Sorcerer's Stone movie until it was on HBO.
3. A bunch of people had tried to convince me that I would love HP but I dismissed it as a kid thing.
4. They were right and I was wrong.
5. I only watched the Sorcerer's Stone movie because DH was away doing some Army training and I was bored.
6. After I saw the movie, I immediately borrowed my mom's copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
7. After I finished that, I wanted to borrow Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban but we searched everywhere and couldn't find it.
8. So I read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire next.
9. Some things in #4 had not made sense to me so I bought #3.
10. I recommend reading the books in the proper order, LOL!
11. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was the first of the series I read at its initial release (late to the party, I know!)
12. I'm taking my 4 3/4 year old DD down to our local bookstore on Friday evening to attend a release party. We'll stay for a couple of hours and then I'm going to put her to bed and go back closer to midnight to pick up my copy of Deathly Hallows.
13. Friday will be the first release party I've ever attended, and I guess the only one unless J.K. Rowling changes her mind & writes another book!
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
*Please note that I take no responsibility for the content of other blogs*
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants