Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Ten on Tuesday: 10 Awesome Things About Me

The theme of this week's Ten on Tuesday is "Time to Brag: 10 Awesome Things About You". In no particular order here goes:

  1. I make a scrumptious lasagna. I don't do it very often since making the whole thing from scratch takes around 3 hours, but it is dee-lish!
  2. I also make a berry cheesecake that is to die for!
  3. Through cleaning up my diet (including limiting #1 and #2, sniff, sniff) and getting serious about exercise, I now weigh 20 lbs less than I did in January 2002 when I got pregnant with my oldest.
  4. I discovered that cardio kickboxing is a fun way to help accomplish #3!
  5. I opened a Roth IRA and 401(k) account at 22 when I started my first permanent job after college (a big "Thank you!" to my parents for teaching me about the importance of saving for the future).
  6. I registered to vote when I turned 18 and have voted in every Federal election since. That doesn't sound like much until you realize that only 32% of eligible people my age voted in '96, 36% in '00, and 48% in '04 (important note: I'd moved up to the next age bracket by the last one).
  7. I read books on a regular basis. This doesn't sound like much until you realize that 42% of college graduates never read another book after graduation.
  8. I got the highest grade in my "Biology of Human Sexuality" course in college- and was a virgin at the time! ;-)
  9. My DD was watching me get all dolled up over the weekend (typically I just wear tinted sunscreen and lip gloss) and told me that I didn't need to put on makeup because I am beautiful already.
  10. I'm so thankful to God for blessing me with so much! :-)
I couldn't find an auto-linky for this meme, so just leave your URL in the comments. I'll list it below when I get a minute!

1. Eternal Flux's list
2. Charmaine from Mental Meandering's list.
3. Julia from Only in my Dream's post.
4. Gabrielle's list.
5. Patois from Whee All the Way Home's list.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on the weight loss and keeping it off. I love to read and I don't miss an election! My daughter can't wait to register next year.

Gudmans Dautter said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. #8 was self defense--I got tired of all the whining and crying when a toy broke. I found most toys aren't that difficult to put back together.

I read your list--I envy your IRA and congratulate you on losing 20 lbs! The Virgil quote is especially thought-provoking.

-Charmaine (emandsar@blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

HI, enjoyed reading your list. Congrats on the weightloss and even more on keeping it off. I never thought about voting. I have done that as well. People who don't vote should not complain or otherwise voice their opinion, as this is the one that counts.

c said...

I'd love to try your cheesecake someday! I love cheesecakes! :) Thanks for stopping by...

Gabrielle.

Patois42 said...

An amazing list. You're truly blessed.

MommaBoo said...

Okay I'll be over around 6 or so to pertake of #1 & #2! lol

I only wear tinted sunscreen, too.

Kickboxing, I would try, but since my head injury, I have no balance.

And your weight loss is inspiring. Good Job!

Drew said...

Awesome list! Wtg on the weight loss! I'm making scrumptious lasagna tonight called Stouffer's (sp) *lol*.

cjm said...

I am shocked at the book one. Shame on the other 58%.

Frances D said...

Congrats on the weight loss.
I would love a nice big slice of lasagne with some of the chessecake for dessert.
Thanks for visiting.
Frances
http://blogforth.com

PJD said...

Clearly, a large portion of those who never read another book after college went to Stanford. ;-)

Thanks for stopping by my list earlier. It's been a long day, so it took me a while to get over here. I'm trying to get out and see all the other awesome people out there.

(BTW, my brother got his PhD on The Farm.)

Clockworkchris said...

That was wonderful. I really loved the human sexuality one. I had the best grade in my psychology of human sexuality, which was interesting enough psych 469 (last two numbers crack me up every time) and I was also a virgin at that point. That is an acomplishment for a man! I had actually turned down the person I ended up losing my virginity to because I didn't think cheating was okay, another great accomplishment for young men. I admire you for voting. In 2000 I figured it didn't matter between dumb and dumber, but God I wish I had tried now. I read a few books after college, but I don't like reading as a rule.

Tessa said...

great list!