Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Urgent Prayer Request for My Cousin's Baby

I got a call this morning that my cousin's wife went into labor last night. The doctors delivered the baby via emergency c-section. The good news is that the baby does NOT have Trisomy 13 and that she has survived the night! The doctors still do not know what was causing all the excess fluid but they are somewhat more optimistic than they had been. The baby is in the neonatal ICU and the situation is still very grave.

My cousin and his wife have not yet named the baby & I'm not sure anyone has broached the subject of baptism with them.

Please keep the baby in your prayers!

I found a nice "Prayer for a Premature Baby" at the Our Kids website:

God bless the little child behind the plastic wall
For all she knows is the ringing of the bells and the blurred images around her.
She has been taken from the womb without warning and I long to hold her in my arms.

Lord, I ask in your name that this child be healed.
I am willing to accept your decision no matter what it will be.
I am willing to take on the responsibilities for caring for this child.
I am willing to give this child love and understanding no matter the cost.

Please Lord help me to accept reality and what has happened without explanation or warning. Help me face the fact that this is no one's fault and that I was given a special task to complete here on Earth.
God give this child the strength to make it through another second, minute, hour and day as each moment is a blessing and a triumph from Heaven.

God, may you give the strength and compassion to the caregivers and nurses that take care of this child.
May you keep this child protected and free from all injury and pain.

As you see dear Lord, I am at your mercy for the life of this child.
Please leave her here on Earth and know that I will provide all the love and understanding that this child needs.
I accept the challenge and will be your humble servant dear Lord.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

{{{prayers}}} for your cousin's baby! How scary for them.

Thanks for stopping my my blog. It has been a very different experience for us.