Friday, April 4, 2008

Straight From the Horse's Mouth

[Note: the following is a guest entry from my 5 1/2 year old DD, who started "formal" homeschooling back last August.]

My favorite subject in our homeschool is science. I like doing experiments. This year, we are studying biology. So far, we have studied the human body. We are almost done with the human body, and then we will study plants and animals.

I really liked the unit on microbes. I got a microscope for Christmas and Mommy just ordered some slides for me to look at.

I am really looking forward to chemistry because I'm curious about it. I want to do chemistry experiments.

I like my other subjects a bit but I LOOOVE science. My other subjects are religion, English, math, and history. We sometimes do art and music too.

In religion, we just started the second-grade book. We also read stories about the saints everyday. My favorite saint we've read about is St. Edward the Confessor. He gave an old beggar man his gold ring and it was St. John the Baptist in disguise.

In English, we have been learning about prepositions.

In math, we have been practicing adding and subtracting 9's. I also like to play with my fraction tiles when my little brother is napping.

In history, we have been learning about Stonehenge and the megaliths.

I think homeschooling is way better than being in a boring school all day. I don't have to sit and listen to stuff I already know. With homeschooling, I also get to go on a lot more field trips than I would if I were in a regular school. You know, the Magic School Bus is just a made-up story- real schools aren't like that!

1 comment:

Shari Ellen said...

She seems to have a real love for learning. That interest in Science is just great.