Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm So Over Hipsters Whining About the Mainstreaming of Homeschooling

Dear Achingly Hip Trendster,
So sorry to ruin your "cooler-than-thou" vibe when it comes to homeschooling. No longer will you be able to use it to feel superior to the rest of us now that we in the mainstream have discovered its benefits. You'll just have to find something else to reinforce your smug assurance that you are so much better than us peons.

Do you really think that people like to hear about how cool you think you are? Don't you know that people snicker about you behind your back? Oh, that's right, geniuses are never appreciated in their times. You just keep telling yourself that...

2 comments:

Babette said...

Sorry if I offended you with my jokey post about homeschooling being the popular gal in school nowadays. I was only having a lark and letting off some steam about 7 years of answering the same questions from people in grocery stores. I understand why they need to ask those questions too. It just gets predictable after awhile. I certainly don't consider myself a genius or hipster and I don't want any newbie homeschoolers to feel that I think I'm superior to them. If that's what you got out of my post, I'm truly bummed that I conveyed it. Too me it was just one of those pressing thoughts that turned in to a creative post. Anyway, no hard feelings over here and keep on homeschooling. Just so you know, I am not over homeschooling for real either.

Summer said...

Wow, harsh much. I don't think you were reading the blog post you think you were reading because I don't see any of what you're complaining about there.