Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Do You Need Grad School to Read This Blog?



According to the Gunning-Fox index algorithm, it would take at least 17 years of formal education to understand the content of this blog. I'm taking that with a grain of salt, as I've only had 15 1/2 years myself (I finished college a semester early because of Advanced Placement exam credits).

I do assume a fairly intelligent audience, someone who could read & understand say an article from The New York Times. Most of the people in my social circle IRL are college graduates and a good portion do have advanced degrees, but I also know some very bright individuals who did not follow the conventional educational path.

(HT: Notes from a Homeschooling Mom)

3 comments:

Irishcoda said...

Cool website! I checked mine out and it was 13 point something which means high school plus one, right?

Renae said...

I knew you were brilliant. :) It can't check mine. That either means I'm a worm or off the charts. Ha!

Peace to you,
Renae
http://reflective.homeschooljournal.net

deb said...

These were my results:Gunning Fog Index 15.37
Flesch Reading Ease 21.57
Flesch-Kincaid Grade 11.65


Does this mean that I have to dumb down my blog to get more readers? LOL

I read somewhere that the average reading level of most newspapers is only about seventh grade. That is really sad, don't you think.