Friday, April 24, 2009

New Non-Invasive Breast Cancer Screening Test

As I am in my 30’s, I am at getting to the stage in my life where female acquaintances my age are starting to be diagnosed with breast cancer. In fact, two of them sadly recently lost their battles with the disease). But I am still too young to undergo routine mammograms. I know that earlier detection of breast cancer leads to a better long-term prognosis, and that is important not just for myself but for my family. I have 3 young children who depend on me and God willing, I want to be there for them.

A friend of mine recently sent me a link for a new non-invasive breast cancer screening test. It's called the HALO Pap Test for the Breast. It takes about 5 minutes and costs about $100 (not yet covered by most insurers). Unfortunately, there are not yet any doctors in my area who offer the test, but I wrote a letter to my OB-GYN practice requesting that they offer it to patients like me who want it.

Please be aware that I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or any other sort of financial interest in the product- I
just wanted to get the word out to other women who might be interested.

No comments: