Wednesday, September 5, 2007

R.I.P. Alfred Peet of Peet's Coffee

Alfred Peet, the founder of Peet's Coffee, died on August 29th at age 87. When he opened his shop at Walnut & Vine in Berkeley near the University of California in 1966, it was one of the first gourmet coffeehouses in America. My dad got hooked on Peet's coffee when he went to grad school at Cal. When he moved back to New England, he used to have the stuff shipped in bulk via mail-order before Peet's expanded to the metro Boston area.

When I started drinking coffee my senior year of high school, I preferred the sweeter & less robust flavor of Dunkin' Donuts at first. However, there were no "Dunkie's" out here in the Bay Area where I went to college so I gave Peet's a try. I became a fan and have been drinking it ever since!

This homeschool is powered by:

No comments: